Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Baby Girl"...

As you know if you've been following our story, Steve and I are expecting a little girl.  We found out way back at our 16 week ultrasound, and then got confirmation after our amnio.  I realized the other day that I refer to her as "baby girl" in all of my posts.  Well, she will be called "baby girl" no longer, because she officially has a name!  We would like to share it with you.  This little girl will officially be named:

"Evelyn Joyce Hafeman"

"Evelyn", or "Evie" for short, is a name that Steve and I have both fallen in love with.  It means "light", which we feel is perfect for her.  Thanks to some digging on my brother's end, we also found that it is a family name from my Father's side in the 1900's.  Being that we are big fans of family names, this is a definite bonus!

As for her middle name... "Joyce" is Steve's Grandmother's name.  She is a strong and caring woman who raised a beautiful family of four children, and we have so much respect and admiration for her.  Her faith is unwavering, and she is one of the warmest and most loving women I know.  We are honored to have our little girl carry her name.

So there you have it!  Now on with the update...

I had my weekly testing done yesterday, and Evelyn is looking beautiful as ever! She is practicing breathing and is still moving around like crazy!  Her fluid levels still look great, and she continues to "thrive" in her environment.  As for me, I had some more bleeding again last week.  Still not sure where that is coming from or why it is happening.  Any time there is bleeding, I will need to be back on the couch for a good few days after it has stopped to help ensure that it doesn't start back up again.  In between these "episodes", though, I will be able to start adding some activity to my day.  In fact, I went to TARGET yesterday and didn't even have to drive around in the scooter.  Nothing beats an afternoon trip to Target when it comes to a mom that's been stuck on the couch for nine weeks!!  It was heaven!

Next week, another ultrasound to measure Evelyn's growth and another round of testing.  I'm 28 and half weeks now, so I have made it out of the "danger zone" of 23-28 weeks.  Not that it wouldn't be a long road if she decided to make her appearance anytime soon, but her chances of surviving (and having minimal long-term problems) are much greater after the 28-week mark.  

Thanks so much for all of the prayers and positive thoughts!  We appreciate them more than you know! 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things went well yesterday! Thanks for keeping us updated. Love the name you chose.
Thinking of you!

Kristine said...

I had NO idea you were on your way to #3. I am so glad - this world needs more sweethearts like yours. GOD needs more warriors for His Kingdom like yours!!!

Praising God with you!
Kristine