Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Finish Line...

... is finally in sight.  Thank God!  These have officially been the L-O-N-G-E-S-T nine months of my life!!

Here's the update:  I had an appointment last week, and all is looking good!  Had another ultrasound, and Evelyn is measuring in at about five pounds now!  Lydia got to come with me (she's never been to an ultrasound appointment before), and she was honestly beaming throughout the whole scan.  It was too cute! 

My doctor told me that if I haven't gone into labor by the time I hit 39 weeks, she will plan to induce me at that time.  In her words, "we really don't need any more surprises from this little one".  Being that I will be 35 weeks on Friday, this means that at the MOST we only have four more weeks until Evelyn officially joins our family!!  I can SO do four weeks!!!  Still having contractions, but nothing too regular or painful at this point.  Blood pressure is still sneaking up, but again nothing to be overly concerned about as of yet.  Just things to keep an eye on.

We are getting settled in our new home (for those who didn't know, we moved last weekend). Although it was pretty crazy, I have to say it feels so wonderful to be getting settled here.  I have washed all of Evie's clothes and her crib is put together...  and now we're  just waiting for her to come home.  She will be sharing a bedroom with Lydia, who could not be any more excited to meet her little sister!

On a side note, Will has been pretty miserable today.  Took him to the doctor this morning and found out that he has pneumonia.  We're hoping he starts perking up and feeling better soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saint Patty's Day would be a great day. Nana Joyce is 100% Irish. A Great day to celebrate. The day she arrives well be a great day.
Love to all of you.
Marnee and Allan